Monday, February 8, 2010

My Productive Tuesday

I had the most productive Tuesday I’ve had in a long time. Last Tuesday night I got home around 5pm to let Kya out and feed her. Due to the fact that it was still light outside, I decided to take her for a run. It was still chilly out, but at least I could see where I was stepping. We didn’t run too long, but it was great to get some fresh air and let her run around a bit after being cooped up in her crate all day long.

After our run, I put in a load of laundry and emptied the dishwasher. I think sometimes I feel better if I know there are two things going on at the same time. So because the washer was going and I was doing the dishes, I felt like I was getting two things done at once. What can I say – I am an efficiency expert.

Then I decided to try out these two new recipes I found online last week. One was a “Lemon, Mint, & Pear Spinach Salad” and the other was “Chicken with Fig Preserves and Red Wine Sauce”. Both turned out really well.

Lemon, Mint, & Pear Spinach Salad: For the dressing you mix 3 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice, 1 Tablespoon of sugar, and 2 teaspoons of oil together. Then you tear up some fresh mint leaves, cut up a big pear, and toss together with the spinach. Pour desired amount of dressing on the salad and enjoy immediately.

Chicken with Fig Preserves and Red Wine Sauce: Brown 2-3 chicken breasts in a skillet. Stir together 4 Tablespoons of red wine (any kind will do), ¼ cup of fig preserves, and 1 Tablespoon of fresh Rosemary (or less if you use dried). Pour mixture over slightly browned chicken, cover, and let cook for about 5 minutes. Uncover and cook on low heat until the sauce becomes fairly thick. Enjoy!

After dinner, while Adam went off to study, I went outside and shoveled the whole driveway. There must have been a layer of ice below the 2 inches I was shoveling because I had to absolutely chip it off the driveway layer by layer. Ick! I guess it was a good workout for me so I shouldn’t complain.

Overall, it was an extremely productive day and I felt I accomplished quite a bit by the time I called it a night.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds very rewarding and very yummy. I wonder if the chicken/fig dish was anything like the Love Birds taste? I'm longing for that again!
    You go girl!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete